Your instructor and Insight 2 Drive Ltd
Your instructor is a self-employed franchisee ('your instructor') of Insight 2 Drive Ltd ('we', 'us', 'our').
Insight 2 Drive Ltd acts as agent for your instructor in receiving your payments for driving tuition or lessons other than payments made directly by you to your instructor. Where Insight 2 Drive Ltd makes bookings with, or supplies any information or documentation to you, or processes any payments for your lessons, they act as the agent of your instructor.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you ('you') and your instructor.
Tuition is only available to persons who meet the following criteria:
- Aged 17 or over or aged 16 or over and in receipt of the higher rate of Disability Living Allowance (mobility component).
- Hold a valid UK provisional driving licence
- Legally entitled to drive in the UK.
Your Driving Lessons
You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the timing, location and duration of individual lessons.
You must notify your instructor of any matters which affect your ability or entitlement to have your driving lesson, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid UK provisional driving licence.
Cancellation of driving lessons
If you or your driving instructor wishes to cancel a lesson a minimum of 48 hours prior notice should be given either way.
If your driving instructor cancels a lesson without giving the minimum period of notice your instructor shall rearrange the lesson. Cancellations by you must be made through Insight 2 Drive Ltd, if you have paid for your lessons in advance to Insight 2 Drive Ltd or directly between you and your instructor if you have paid your instructor directly.
If you do not give at least 48 hours notice of cancellation you may be charged for the driving lesson(s) concerned in full. Please note that in the event of you having booked your driving test, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) stipulates that you need to give three clear working days to cancel your test. This may mean that you may/will lose your DVSA test fee if your instructor says you are not ready for test within this three day notice period.
Payments and driving lesson bookings
You must pay for any tuition at least 48 hours before the start of the lesson by using one of the following methods (unless you have a prior arrangement with your driving instructor):
- Payment by credit or debit card online at Insight 2 Drive Ltd
- Payment by credit or debit card telephoning the Insight 2 Drive Ltd on 0151 525 6377.
- Payments by credit or debit card directly to the instructor using our WorldPay App.
- If necessary payment by cash or cheque direct to your instructor (any cheque must be made payable to your instructor).
Insight 2 Drive Ltd is responsible for all payments made to the driving school via world pay, however Insight 2 Drive Ltd has no responsibility or liability to you for payments made by any other means. If you pay your instructor directly by any method, you should obtain a receipt. Insight 2 Drive Ltd accepts no responsibility for any payments made directly to instructors.
The cost of prepaid tuition is based on the lesson price at the time of booking and, with the exception of the circumstances as below, will be honoured for 12 months thereafter irrespective of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons are taken.
Any unused lessons remaining after 12 months have elapsed shall have any lesson price increase applied prior to the lessons which shall become payable by you.
Circumstances where, if you have prepaid, you will be either be required to pay an additional amount beyond the cost of your pre-paid lessons or receive a refund of some of your prepayments (as applicable):
- Where you have moved postcode area that the Insight 2 Drive Instructors do not operate in.
- Where you have requested to switch instructors within the same postcode area and your new instructor charges a higher hourly rate than your previous instructor, you will be required to pay the difference in the hourly rate or, where your instructor charges a lower rate, receive a refund of the difference.
- Where you have requested to switch instructors in the same postcode area and your new instructor charges a supplement (for example an additional fee for tuition in a car with automatic transmission), you will be required to pay any such supplement.
- Where you have not undertaken any lessons for a period of three months and have been reallocated an instructor after a price rise in tuition has taken place you will be required to pay the difference in price for your remaining lessons.
Special offers and discounts
Insight 2 Drive Ltd presents a great range of offers and discounts to new and existing learner drivers. Insight 2 Drive Ltd reserves the right to introduce (and to withdraw) special offers from time to time.
Introductory offers are only available to new learner pupils, cannot be used in conjunction with other offers and are not transferable
Refund policy and warranty
You are entitled to cancel your prepaid tuition at any time, by just giving Insight 2 Drive Ltd or your driving instructor 48 hours notice. If you have not taken any lesson(s) at the time of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund of any amounts paid to Insight 2 Drive Ltd, subject to the points below.
- If you have taken lesson(s) at the time of cancellation you will not be eligible for a refund on any lessons taken.
- Where it is possible to do so, we will refund you using the same method you used to pay for your lessons when you made the payment. If for any reason we are unable to do this, we reserve the right to refund you by any other method we deem appropriate.
- We may request additional information from you to confirm your identity in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007; we will also use this information to ensure adherence to our Merchant Operating Instructions for card collection facilities.
- Refunds may take up to 10 working days to reach you or your account.
- Refund of partial block booking will be made pro rata on any lessons not taken.
- In the event of a 'buy one get one free' offer, no refund will take place once the first lesson has been taken.
If you have paid your instructor for the tuition you wish to cancel, your instructor will refund you adhering to the same principles as set out above.
Transferability of lessons
You cannot sell or transfer lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person, unless agreed by Insight 2 Drive Ltd, in writing.
Your lessons are only valid if they are purchased through the channels outlined in the 'Payments and lesson bookings' section set out above. If your lessons have been purchased through another source please contact us immediately on 0151 525 6377. In the event that some or all of your lessons were not purchased in accordance with the foregoing terms, Insight 2 Drive Ltd reserve the right to suspend these lessons in your account, with immediate effect.
An investigation will then be conducted by Insight 2 Drive Ltd in order to check the validity of the purchase. Where the results of the investigation determine that the lessons are not valid they will not be provided to you and Insight 2 Drive Ltd shall have no liability in these circumstances.
Limitation of liability
Your instructor and Insight 2 Drive Ltd, are not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by the relevant person or body;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach;
- any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, results from any breach or omission by you
- any such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
Your instructor and Insight 2 Drive Ltd shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including, without limitation, lost profits, lost earnings, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption.
You are reminded that Insight 2 Drive Ltd is party to the contract for driving tuition itself, which is between you and your instructor. This does not affect any liability that Insight 2 Drive Ltd may have for any loss or damage you may incur which is caused directly as a result of any breach (including negligence) by it or them of any legal duty owed by it or them to you.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
Your Insight 2 Drive instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance, should you be involved in a collision as a learner driver while in control of driving the instructor's tuition vehicle.
Law applying to terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any concerns or complaints about any part of your driving tuition which cannot be resolved with your instructor, please contact Insight 2 Drive Ltd on 0151 525 6377.
If after the phone call the complaint is not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction, you will be entitled to escalate the matter to our Director Kathy Higgins at the address below:
Insight 2 Drive Ltd | Centec Business Park | Stopgate Lane | Liverpool | L9 6AW.
Our Director will use reasonable endeavours to respond to your written query within 5 working days.
Your contract is between you and your instructor.
In the rare event of any problem arising, you should resolve this with your instructor immediately. We recommend no further lessons are taken until the matter is resolved.
In the unlikely event that you are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion, we will be happy to investigate further until the matter is resolved. Please note that we will require evidence of any financial transactions and lesson times before We are able to investigate. Therefore, it is imperative that your Appointment card, kept by you and your Pupil Record Booklet, kept by your instructor are kept accurate and up to date. Should you require us to investigate any matter, please contact us as soon as possible.
Post: Insight 2 Drive Ltd | Centec Business Park | Stopgate Lane | Liverpool | L9 6AW.
Call: 0151 525 6377
If you still feel dissatisfied, you may contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency on 0300 200 1122 who may be able to help you further.
Collection and use of data
Any personal data you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which you have provided it. It may also be used for marketing, research and statistical purposes and crime prevention.
We may however need to disclose personal data to a third party so that the service you requested could be provided.
Your data may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing compliance with any regulatory rules/codes.
If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
In the case of personal data, with limited exceptions, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information held about you by formal written application to Insight 2 Drive Ltd.
By providing us with your personal data and contact details, you consent to the use of that data and to your being contacted by Insight 2 Drive Ltd by post, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic means, to inform you about products and services which it considers may be of interest to you.
Registered Address:- Insight 2 Drive Ltd | 75-77 Buccleuch Street, | Barrow in Furness | Cumbria | LA14 1QQ
Company Registration No. 6234700. Director: Kathy Higgins
Trading Address:- Insight 2 Drive Ltd | Aintree Business Park | Stopgate Lane | Liverpool | L9 6AW
Addition Terms for Learners
- Learner drivers must be free from alcohol & drugs on all lessons.
- The driving instructor will inform the pupil when he/she is at a standard to pass the UK driving test. The driving instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of the car for the driving test if in his/her opinion the pupil has not reached the required standard to pass the test.
- While on a driving test the learner driver is liable for any motoring convictions gained while driving on the test.
- If a lesson or test has to be cancelled due to bad weather, no compensation will be paid to the customer by Insight 2 Drive Ltd.
- Insight 2 Drive instructors reserve the right to refuse lessons to a pupil whose behavior is deemed unreasonable.
Extra Terms and Conditions for the Platinum Pass Package
- The course MUST be completed within 12 months of the first driving lesson.
- Driving tests must be booked by the driving instructor and will be booked as soon as the driving instructor is sure the learner driver is ready to pass the driving test.
- No refunds will be given after a driving test pass.
- If the Learner driver is not happy with the allocated driving instructor after 10 hours they can change driving instructors and carry on with the driving course, providing they have paid the full amount to Insight 2 Drive Ltd.
- If the learner driver wants to cancel the course at any time a refund will be given, pro rota. The refund is based on driving lessons taken being charged at full price and an administration fee of £50. The remainder will be refunded to the pupil by either the individual driving instructor or Insight 2 Drive Ltd, dependent upon who they have originally paid.
- Courses are non-transferable and are for 1 learner driver per course.
- The course can be used from 1 hour driving lesson per week up to an intensive driving course, dependent upon the driving instructors availability.
- Driving lessons must be at least 1 hour long.
- No more than 10 cancellations will be accepted on any one course. If more than 10 cancellations are recorded the learner driver forfeits the course and a refund will be given in accordance with point 5.
- The theory test or individual 1 to 1 theory training is not included in this pack. Please use our free on line theory training.
- You must take at least one driving lesson per week every week.
- Your theory test must be taken and passed within 3 months of starting the course.
- This course includes 2 driving tests, any tests needed after this will be paid for by the pupil.
- Once ready for the driving test the learner driver agrees to take the test.
- The course must be paid in full before the first lesson is taken.